As summer approaches, millions of individuals and families across the country start to prepare to move their households. Companies with a mobile workforce often relocate their best talent to increase their organization’s productivity. As these approaching months constitute the ‘peak’ moving season, we have prepared a number of moving tips for corporate relocation clients, office relocations and personal household moves to make things more efficient and more affordable overall. Corporate Transfers Corporate relocations, while expensive, are viewed as necessary expenses within most major organizations. To assist with these relocations, many companies turn to relocation experts to ensure that the transition is as smooth as possible. Professional relocation companies work to coordinate and manage the entire moving process, reducing expenses for the organization and stress load of the employee. Unfortunately, many corporations simply pay the necessary moving expenses, giving little thought to how the experience is viewed by the employee and their family. A positive relocation experience can prove beneficial for an organization, working to positively impact not only productivity, but employee retention. How can an organization ensure that they are making a positive investment in the company’s future when paying relocation costs? Here are some strategies which have been implemented by national organizations to smooth out the overall relocation process:
- Establish a clear, written policy outlining moving guidelines for the employee. Ensure that you include what costs are covered, and which are not. Consider setting limits on storage time frames and weight limits, which are the two areas which can substantially increase the cost of a move unnecessarily when they are not monitored. Not only will a written policy help the employee, but it will place the van line in a better position to counsel their clientele through the process
- Work to avoid moving employees during peak seasons (May 15th-Sept. 30) when possible, as the rates are escalated due to a higher volume of activity
- Schedule deliveries during the week to avoid weekend charges
- Plan employee moves well in advance to allow sufficient planning time for all parties involved
Our team of moving professionals partner with corporate relocation specialists to facilitate the entire process from A to Z. As a result, our corporate clients refer to us as “Daryl Flood Dependable”, stating that we are the moving company to depend upon. We have the best representatives in the business; accountable professionals with years of experience and the type of work ethic and integrity required to get things accomplished and to resolve problems. Our corporate clients can depend on us to provide excellent account management, timely reporting which can help your organization make well informed decisions, and quarterly reviews to help keep your operation running smoothly. For these reasons, we are “Daryl Flood Dependable.” Business Office RelocationAs you prepare to relocate your office, you are likely concerned not only with the overall expenditure, but with maintaining daily operations during the process. Here are some tips from our professional team of experts to help you navigate through the process:
- “De-clutter, throw away and purge unnecessary items during the packing process to avoid added expense to your move” says Todd; Sales Manager.
- “Create mini-floor plans identifying where key items should be placed upon unloading to increase efficiency and time required on your part to rearrange once the process has been completed,” says Aric, a corporate representative.
- “The best price will not always come with the best service. Research the companies you are taking estimates from to ensure they are capable of performing the services you require without restrictions,” says Jason; COD Sales.
When our commercial clients turn to us for their corporate office relocations, we strive to create a solid plan of action and the best people to ease the transition of moving from one location to another. For these reasons, our corporate clients refer to us as “Daryl Flood Dependable”. Personal Household RelocationMoving your household can be a significant undertaking, and is often described by individuals and families as one of the most stressful experiences to engage in. Developing a clear moving plan, involving and communicating with your entire family and turning to professionals within the industry for advice will ensure that you will not only be prepared, but that your experience will be as close to stress-free as possible. Here are some helpful tips to help you prepare for an upcoming move:
- Remove of unwanted items before packing and loading the van line. Shipping unwanted items only adds to the total cost of the move.
- Ask for weight estimates in writing by requesting an in-home moving estimate. “Make sure that your estimate is binding for both price and dates,” says Kenny; inside sales. This extra step will ensure that you don’t have any unwanted cost surprises when your personal items are being delivered.
- When an agent tours your home, make sure that you show them everything that will be moved to ensure that your weight and price estimate is accurate.
- “Book early to guarantee your dates and competitive pricing”, Kenny; inside sales.
- Try to be flexible when moving during the peak season months, allowing a larger window of time for pick-up and delivery of your items.
- Prepare for packing. Make sure that you have a sufficient amount of supplies to complete packing before your scheduled loading day.
- “Never plan your flight for the same day as your scheduled move,” says Derrell; COD Sales.
- “Carry a relocation accordion file containing all of the information required for your moving process,” says Jason; COD Sales.
Our clients view us as “Daryl Flood Dependable” because we are the moving company people turn to for reliable, guaranteed in-home estimates. And, we offer the best people and the best plan of action to facilitate a smooth relocation, every time. Our Four Pillars for Moving Success — Being “Daryl Flood Dependable” No matter if you are relocating your family for your employer, moving your corporate offices or moving your household belongings, being “Daryl Flood Dependable” means:
- You can depend on us to care about the things which are most important to you.
- You can depend on us to hire the best people with the best attitudes.
- You can depend on us to have the right resources and the expertise, creativity and flexibility to use them for your maximum benefit.
- You can depend on use to be committed to satisfying you as our customer.
So no matter what Houston relocation your moving needs are this season, turn to the seasoned professionals of Daryl Flood to ensure that your moving experience is nothing less than exceptional.